Suburb Profile Ellenbrook
Surrounded By Natural Beauty
Natural existing woodlands and wetlands have been incorporated as public open spaces across the suburb, including conservation category wetlands. The Gnangara Pine Plantation, located just west of Ellenbrook, offers unique and secluded walking trails and picnic areas. A massive 300 hectares of land were relinquished for conservation prior to development to the north of Ellenbrook and are currently conserved under the Perth metropolitan Bush Forever initiative.
Easy Transport Facilities Make Perth CBD Within Easy Reach
Ellenbrook is 17km from Guildford, 19km from Midland, and 29km from Perth’s central business district (via Beaufort Street and Tonkin Highway). Since the Tonkin Highway was extended northwards as part of the NorthLink WA construction project in 2019, The Promenade junction has served as the primary access to Ellenbrook. Tonkin Highway also intersects with Gnangara Road, which connects Ellenbrook and Wangara, as well as the northern suburbs. Nearby roads include West Swan Road, Drumpellier Drive (Previously Lord Street), and Reid Highway. Ellenbrook is connected to Morley and Bassendean railway stations by bus.
Construction is also now underway for the Ellenbrook Railway Station as part of the 21km Morley-Ellenbrook train line which will connect with the existing Bayswater Train Station under the WA Government’s Metronet project.
Bayswater will also be an interchange hub connecting to the Perth Airport railway link currently under construction. With both lines expected to be completed and opened in 2024, Ellenbrook will provide great access to the airport for FIFO workers, and to Perth city.
Fun-Filled Facilities for the Whole Family
Woodlake Sports Ground, Coolamon Oval, Charlotte’s Vineyard Oval, and Ellenbrook District Open Space are the four primary athletic venues in Ellenbrook. The Ellenbrook Eels Senior Football Club, the Ellenbrook Dockers Junior Football Club, and the Ellenbrook Rangers all play at Coolamon Oval and Ellenbrook District Open Space (EDOS), which have clubroom and changing facilities.
The following facilities are also available:
- Woodlake Park and Coolamon Oval both include dual-purpose tennis/basketball courts.
- Woodlake Oval, Coolamon Oval, and EDOS all have cricket nets.
- Woodlake Oval and Coolamon Oval both have skate parks.
- A water park for smaller children, which opened in late 2009 and is located next to the library in the town centre, was finished in late 2009.
- At EDOS, there are exercise facilities.
- The Ellenbrook Men’s Shed is just next to the water park.
- The Ellenbrook Community Garden is situated near the water park.
- Ellenbrook United FC, a youth and senior soccer team, is also based in the neighbourhood.
Planning for a recreation and aquatic centre adjacent to EDOS and Aveley Secondary College in Ellenbrook has begun. The centre will include the following amenities: a 25m indoor lane lap pool, warm water pool, spa, sauna, steam facility, indoor multipurpose sports court, gym/health club, fitness rooms, café, crèche, changing rooms and parking spaces.
Excellent Education Options
Ellenbrook and its environs contain a diverse range of public and private primary and secondary schools.
- Arbor Grove Primary School – located in Charlotte’s Vineyard
- Ellen Stirling Primary School- located in Coolamon
- Ellenbrook Christian College – located in The Bridges
- Ellenbrook Christian College – Offers education to students from kindergarten to grade 12.
- Ellenbrook Secondary College
- Holy Cross College – Catholic high school that caters to students from pre-kindergarten to 12th grade
- Swan Valley Anglican Community School – Located in Aveley, Swan Valley Anglican Community School serves students from kindergarten to grade 12.
Other Notable Amenities
You’ll never be short of a sporting team or club to join to stay in shape, or a relaxing and unwinding walk to take in the local fauna such as peacocks, kangaroos, and even the occasional emu after a long day at work. Local amenities including child care, dentists, and hospitals are less than ten minutes away. With the increase in population has come the expansion of the local shopping mall, with a number of big-name retailers relocating to Ellenbrook.
Finance options for Ellenbrook
Check out our website WOW Homes – there are so many designs to choose from! From 3 to 5 bedroom, open plan living areas, double lock up garages, gourmet kitchens…there are options galore! Big homes, little homes, narrow lots: we have a design for you! We can help you onto the path of home ownership, and with our experienced in-house finance team available, they will approach the major banks and lenders through the back door to secure you the best deal, best rates possible and will make certain you receive an experience second to none. If you’re renting, you should consider owning! Get onto the property ladder sooner. Owning your own home: the great Australian dream is what we make possible.
We’ll create a house and land package personalised to you!
PLUS! For first home buyers you can also access our $30k Triple the Grant Promotion*. That’s $30,000 towards your home! Contact us to find out if you qualify!
If you’re looking at building, try us! Check out how we rate at Product Review. We love building, we love helping provide home ownership, stability security and equity.
Contact our team today and who knows, Ellenbrook might become your new home!
Let’s locate your perfect block in Ellenbrook!