Do I Qualify
How Much Can I Borrow
- WOW Homes is committed to complying with Australian privacy legislation and the Australian Privacy Principles to protect and safeguard your privacy when you deal with us and ensure the continued integrity and security of the personal information you entrust to WOW Homes.
Collection of Information
- Some information you provide to us might be considered private or personal. Without these details we would not be able to carry on our business, establish and maintain a relationship with you, and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities. The kinds of personal information that WOW Homes collects includes:
(b) contact details (telephone numbers and email addresses); and
c) address details.
- In particular, WOW Homes collects the following personal information from people in the following situations:
(a) If you contact WOW Homes, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
(b) When you complete an online form on the website; and (c) When you submit your e-mail address to our website.
- In addition, WOW Homes internet service provider records the following non-personal information for statistical purposes when you visit WOW Homes website:
(a) IP address;
(b) Country on access;
(c) Log on frequency;
(d) Browsing history.
- WOW Homes also collects and retains information about its affiliates, employees, contractors and sub-contractors for the purpose of conducting its business and providing ongoing services. WOW Homes may also hold information, from time to time, provided by persons and companies who seek employment with, or a contractor relationship with, or are suppliers to, WOW Homes.
- At or before the time any personal information is collected by WOW Homes, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of who we are, the fact that you are able to gain access to your personal information held by WOW Homes, the purpose of the collection, the type(s) of organisations to which we usually disclose the personal information collected about you, any laws requiring the collection of the personal information and the main consequences for you if all or part of the personal information is not collected.
Use of Information Collected and Disclosure of Personal Information to Others
- WOW Homes do not sell, rent or trade your personal information. We may only use or disclose personal information held about you for the primary purpose for which it is collected.
- In general, WOW Homes will only use and disclose your personal information where it is necessary for us to carry on our business and to provide you with the service you have requested, and contact you in relation thereto.
- We may also use your personal information for internal business purposes such as industry and non-industry specific reporting, research and product development, promotional and marketing material in relation to assessing your future product or service needs, administration of our services, notification to you about changes to our services, record-keeping following termination of our services to you, and technical maintenance.
- We may also use such personal information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where you would reasonably expect that we would use the information in such a way. This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information, or with your permission.
- In addition to the above, we wish to inform you that WOW Homes is permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you in any of the following circumstances:
12.1 Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
12.2 Where you have requested a service and we are required to disclose the information in order to facilitate the provision of the service.
12.3 Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone's health or safety or the public's health or safety;
12.4 Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
12.5 Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process); and 12.6 Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
- When requesting our services WOW Homes will require you to disclose your personal information for purposes of providing you with the requested service. You will only have the option of dealing with WOW Homes anonymously where it is practicable for us to deal with you acting anonymously or under a pseudonym, such as when you are making a general enquiry.
- As part of WOW Homes’ functions and business activities and to promote the services we can provide to you, WOW Homes may use personal information that you have provided to us for the purposes of direct marketing. Direct marketing includes, but is not limited to, sending to you and/or contacting you in relation to promotions and information about our products and services. Generally, we will do so where you have expressed your interest to receive such information (i.e. to be included in our mailing list). You can choose to opt out of receiving direct marketing communications by sending an email to WOW Homes Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the opt out link or details provided in the direct marketing communication.
- WOW Homes website may contain links to other websites and those third party websites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of websites that are linked to our website. We encourage users to be aware that when you leave WOW Homes website by virtue of a link to other websites, you should read the privacy statements of each website you access, which may collect personal information from you.
Security and storage of Personal Information
- WOW Homes recognises the great importance of protecting and securing all information associated with our customers and clients. We take all reasonable steps to establish and maintain internal practices, policies, procedures, systems and security measures to attempt to reasonably protect all personal information under our control from interference, misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification, and disclosure. All personal information held is kept securely, and electronically held personal information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
- WOW Homes takes reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information that is no longer required by WOW Homes.
- WOW Homes retains the personal information you provide to us including your contact details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
- Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with the appropriate authority.
- No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect users' personal information, WOW Homes cannot guarantee or ensure the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online services, and users do so at their own risk. Once WOW Homes receives your transmission, it makes every reasonable effort to ensure its security on our systems.
- You are responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret. WOW Homes encourages you to be careful and responsible whenever accessing and navigating any online websites. Access to and Correction of Personal Information
- WOW Homes is committed to and takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect from our customers, clients and website users, is accurate, complete, appropriate, and up-to-date.
- You may request access to any personal information about you that is held by WOW Homes. Requests for access to your personal information should be made to: WOW Homes Privacy Officer 136 Hasler Road OSBORNE PARKWA 6017 Telephone: (08) 9318 6002 Email: email@example.com
- Verification of identity is required with a request to access (or update) personal information so that we can ensure your personal information is disclosed to, and updated only by, you.
- It is the responsibility of clients, and visitors to the website to complete online forms, to keep their contact details up to date.
- WOW Homes will correct any inaccurate information upon receipt of a request from you and once your identity has been verified.
- If we refuse to provide you with access to, or to correct the personal information held about you by us, or we fail to do so in the manner requested, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
- WOW Homes will respond to any requests for access to, or correction of personal information within a reasonable time from the date of receipt of the request, but by no later than 30 days of the request being received by WOW Homes.
- Detailed requests for access to personal information, for example, access to information held in archives, may attract a fee to cover the cost of retrieval and the supply of this information.
- We will promptly investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve the matter. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure or we have not responded to you with a determination within 30 days then you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner Website: www.oaic.gov.au Phone: 1300 363 992
Transfer of information overseas
- WOW Homes does not ordinarily disclose personal information to overseas recipients. Personal information will only be disclosed by WOW Homes to overseas recipients in accordance with law such as if the disclosure is required by Australian law. Cookies
- WOW Homes collects information from the website using "IP files".
- When you visit WOW Homes website to read, browse or download information, our system will record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet) date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded, as set out in clause 5 of this policy. This information will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved online service. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our Websites. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our website.
- Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the Australian Privacy Principles we recommend that you visit the website of the office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.